- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply our services to you under your membership.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you become a member of The Circle. These terms tell you who we are, how we provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the membership, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Who we are. We are The Circle.Expert, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10736918 and our registered office is at 36 Belsize Avenue, London NW3 4AH.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0207 722 4786 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or writing to us at Star House, 104 Grafton Road, London NW5 4BA.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us when you signed up to The Circle.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” here, this includes emails.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- How we will accept your membership. Our acceptance of your membership will take place when your membership subscription has been received, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your membership. If we are unable to accept your membership, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you the membership fee.
- During your membership, we will make available to you certain offers or introductions to third parties that we regard to be either of interest or of potential value to you.
- Referrals. When we refer you to a third party, this may generate a commission or introducer fee for us. We will provide you on request with detail of commissions and fees relating to the offers you hold.
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- Our membership fee. We review this fee annually, and it is subject to change. We will inform you of any fee changes in writing [one month] before changes are made.
PROVIDING THE SERVICES
- When we will provide the services. When we accept your membership, the password-protected members’ section of our website will be made available to you. From there, you will have access to our members’ area. You will have access until either you end the membership in accordance in paragraph 7 or we end the membership as described in paragraph 9.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the services to you, for example, DOB, email address, previous and current occupations, etc. We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, it will affect your enjoyment of our services.
- Reasons we may suspend the members’ section of our website. We may have to suspend the members’ section of our website from time to time to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the website to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- Your rights if we suspend the members’ section of our website. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the members’ section of our website, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE MEMBERSHIP
- You may want to end your membership with us. Your rights when you end the membership will depend on how we are performing and when you decide to end the membership.
- Ending the membership because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a membership for a reason set out below the membership will end immediately. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the services or these terms which you do not agree to; or
- you have a legal right to end the membership because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For services bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of receiving your membership and receive a refund.
HOW TO END THE MEMBERSHIP WITH US
- Ending the membership where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. If you wish to end your membership with us, you must cancel it in writing at least one month before the anniversary of its commencement. If you do not cancel your membership within this time, it will automatically renew for another year.
OUR RIGHTS TO END THE MEMBERSHIP
- We may end the membership if you break it. We may end the membership at any time if you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the services.
- We may also terminate the membership if you:
- misuse our data;
- post abusive messages or make disparaging comments about us or our members; or
- do anything that brings you or The Circle into disrepute.
- Where to find the price for the service. Details of the membership fee will be available on our website. Your membership will run for 12 months from the date payment is received and will automatically renew unless notice is given in accordance with paragraph 8.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS AND DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. You acknowledge that whilst we may introduce you to selected third parties any decision as to whether to enter into an agreement with such third party is your decision alone and we will not be a party to such agreement or have any liability to you arising from such agreement.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the membership.
- You may not transfer your rights to someone else. You may not transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person. The membership is between you and us. Your membership password must be kept secret, and only you must know them.
- If a court finds part of these terms illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Which laws apply to these terms and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and legal proceedings can only be brought in the English or Welsh courts.
- You may not copy or reproduce any materials provided to you by us. In the provision of membership services to you, we may produce promotional literature or other written materials. You may only use such materials for the purpose that they are provided to you. All existing and future intellectual property rights in and to such materials shall belong to us and may only be reproduced or copied with our prior written approval.